Background

Sunday, February 6, 2011

What Next?

So I had my follow up appointment and there was no retained tissue, yeah!  But the appointment was not fun.  I go to a big vertically integrated HMO so they have everything together.  The waiting area for OB/GYN is the same as for pediatrics.  Now, the last few times I have been the waiting room has been empty, however this time it was packed full of  babies and pregnant ladies - GREAT, just what I need.  Well at least I have my phone and I have a bunch of scrabble games going so I can just keep my head down and escape.  GRRRR, why is it taking forever to load??  Great, it is fluctuating from one to no bars :-(  Finally it loads a little and I can concentrate on something not baby related.  Then they call me in and put me in a room with a bunch of baby pictures - GREAT, just what I need to see.  OK, where is that phone???  Great, no reception at all in the room . . . ok, backup plan, play a stupid game that doesnt require phone or internet connection.  Finally after what seemed like forever but was probably 5 minutes the doc comes in.

She does the exam and my lining is 0.48cm which is good - she said if it is over 1cm then she would be worried.  I asked about a lot of things, like what additional testing can be done.  She said she would do it, but has to find out if she can order it or if I have to go through the Fertility department.  But she did have me go get my HCG and since I asked about it Mycoplasma (thanks F for the suggestion) she also ordered that test.  But she thinks the biggest reason for my losses is my age :-(

Well they were a little messed up with my blood tests - there are some old ones in there, like the 1 hour glucose (that I am going to tell them to remove since I cant have gestational diabetes if I am not gestational) and there was a progesterone in there too.  Oh and the people in the lab didnt believe me when I said the mycoplasma was a urine test (the doc had just told me that).  Anyway we got it sorted out, and took my blood and yeah it didnt hurt this time.  The only thing is they did take progesterone too, which I didnt think they would.  So I got automated results yesterday and my HCG is 31(yeah, almost 0) and progestrone is 0.48 - What!?  Hmmm, I guess there is a reason that they normally just test progesterone on certain days, but I'm gonna ask my doc about it anyway.  And I may suggest that they have an exam room without baby pictures where they can put people in there for miscarriages . . . it would be nice, even though I think one of the pictures on the wall was of a baby that didnt make it, those would be ok I guess in the "not happy" exam room.

So I am just waiting to find out what extra tests I can have and the results of the mycoplasma test.  A fellow BBCer said that sometimes mycoplasma is in your vagina/uterus and can cause infertility issues.  Hmm, I have to google it some more - I think it is normal in the vagina? but not in the uterus?  Hmm, either way I should get test results soon.

But the best news is that I can breathe out of both nostrils :-)  I actually feel like I am among the living again.  But I am trying to still take it easy because I don't want a relapse, which I think is what happened to me on Thursday.  I wont say I am 100% yet - maybe just 90-95% but it still feels good to be doing better.

No comments:

Post a Comment