Background

Saturday, February 12, 2011

Ureaplasma???

So I got tested for Mycoplasma/Ureaplasma [Ureaplasma is a specific type of Mycoplasma] and I came up positive.  I will have to take doxycycline for 10 days . . .and so will my DH(Dear Husband).

Ureaplasma has been linked to multiple miscarriages.  Huh.  Interesting.  Dr. Google has a lot of conflicting information out there . . . I am trying to sort through it.  So far I have read that ureaplasma can be a factor in multiple miscarriages, but that up to 70% of women have it in their genitourinary tract!?!?!  Hmmm, now I am more confused, but I will be treated for it so it may be a cause . . .and interesting thing is that it thrives in an argenine rich environment.  I took Fertile-CM with my last two pregnancies  . . . and the main ingredient is  . . . wait for it . . . . L-argenine!  hmph.  I am so confused.  I loved Fertile-CM because it did increase my cervical mucus . . . and each time I used it I got pregnant!  My TTC world has just been turned upside down . . . and I need to spend a lot more time with Dr. Google.

No comments:

Post a Comment