My struggles to be a Mother are chronicled in this blog. This blog was started after I got my third positive pregnancy test. I had hoped that the 3rd time was going to be a charm, but I have since lost that one too. I still have hope that I will be able to have a healthy baby of my own someday despite having three angel babies. Things changed when I felt a lump on my breast . . . my journey now includes breast cancer treatment. I have no idea if I can still be a mother after this . . .
Background
Friday, July 8, 2011
Where were you one year ago?
I know. I was having a miscarriage :-( This one was my first 8 week miscarriage. I was naive with my first miscarriage and at 5 weeks it is a lot easier. I think with each passing week the miscarriage gets harder. I have no idea how people who make it longer, say 40 weeks get through it. 8 weeks was hard enough, and my only solace was knowing that "at least it happened early". Despite my pain I have all the respect and admiration in the world for those who suffered a loss after the "safe" 12 week mark. I have respect and compassion for anyone who has had a miscarriage - at any stage, but more so for those who were pregnant longer than I was yet I still feel sorry for myself. Hopefully I get a rainbow baby before the due date of my 3rd pregnancy - which is also my 38th birthday. But our travel schedule may not cooperate :-( I do believe that things will happen when they are supposed to, but sometimes the waiting and not knowing is hard. And there is a piece of me that thinks that I may never be a Mother. Please let that not be the case. But I have to accept whatever life throws at me. I always have - why would now be any different?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment