Background

Sunday, May 8, 2011

Mother's Day without your Mom and not a Mom

I have several days on the calendar that mean things - like my Birthday or friends birthdays or anniversaries, then there are other days - the sad days, like the dates of miscarriage, or the due dates for the babies that were made but never made it.  I have so many of those days, and sadly Mother's Day is one too.  My Mom passed away a few years ago, and I have not yet had any children yet so the day is meaningless to me.  But I cannot escape it.  I get emails for Mother's Day specials, there are tv commercials, people talk about what their kids did for them on Mother's Day, and all I can do is . . . Nothing.  I cant do anything about it.  I just have to sit back and let the time pass.  My favorite day is now the day after Mother's Day - the longest time before I have to think of it again.  Of course there are always those sad anniversaries of the miscarriages or the due dates that never came to be to tide me over in the meantime.

This Mother's Day is a lot harder than previous ones.  I guess it is because last year on Mother's Day I truly thought that by this Mother's Day I would be a Mom, or at least pregnant. 

Some ladies say I am a Mom since I did have a life grow inside of me, three times nonetheless, but I just don't feel like I am a Mom.  I don't think I will until I get to hold a healthy baby in my arms.  I hope this happens before next Mother's Day.

1 comment:

  1. Hi Cyndee, I very much hope it happens for you before next Mother's Day, too. BTW, did you know Mother's Day was started in the US by Julia Ward, who wanted to honor those sons lost in the civil war? Just another way to look at it...Hugs!!!

    ReplyDelete