Background

Monday, March 7, 2011

Half Birthday

I just realized today is my half birthday.  I haven't really thought about when my half birthday is since high school when a friend of mine used to have a mini celebration of getting a half year older.  Remember those days, when you actually wanted to get older? 

Well, I am not looking forward to getting older, especially since it means my baby making years are numbered.  When I realized this I got a little sad.  Just like when I see the screen at the orthodontist's office - they break my age down into years and months, 37 years 6 months, sigh.  The earliest I could give birth would be at ate 38 - yikes!  a 38 year old first time Mom.  I guess I shouldn't complain as long as I do get to give birth at 9 months to a nice and healthy baby, regardless of what my age is.  Although I think my age is bothering me lately because I am slowly seeing that I will be lucky to even have one kid . . . and since I am an only child myself, that is something I said I would never do . . . how things change.

2 comments:

  1. Hey! This post made me realize my half-birthday was just last week. 36.5 for me. I'm in the same boat as you, trying for #1 at an advanced age. I never thought it would be this late either but it will happen for us!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, age sucks! Where does time go?? Just know, you're not alone! Nothing happens the way we plan it, but don't give up hope!!! I think you still have time to possibly have two!

    ReplyDelete