Background

Tuesday, October 25, 2011

RE . . . again

So I had an appointment on the 18th with a RE.  I met with a RE in January 2010 and had all the testing done and there were no red flags.  We did get pg a month or two after that - maybe the HSG helped?  But then began our string of miscarriages :-(  So this time the RE is looking at me as a RPL (recurrent pregnancy loss) patient, not as someone who cannot get pg, even though it has been 9 cycles since my last loss and we are not pg. 

So the doc did an ultrasound and since I was in the 2ww he could see I had 8 follies on one ovary and 4 on the other - in other words, no smoking gun there.  I am ovulating, but I could have told you that!  Anyway, it was nice to have a confirmation, even though since I was 9dpo at the time and he looked at my uterus I knew I was out this cycle.  But I could have told you that since I didn't have any symptoms.

He did review my previous test results and I was normal for everything except MTFHR.  I was shocked when he said that and he even turned the screen so that I could see where it says Abnormal.  WTH??  The doc that ordered those tests said I was normal???  This doc said that it doesnt mean much unless you also have Homocystiene checked .. .  um, why didnt the doc say that before?  I would have gladly went in for a blood test!  Grrhh.

So this doc ordered a bunch of blood tests - several that I have had before, FSH, TSH, Estradiol, and some others.  He also recommended the Clomid Challenge test and a saline sonogram.

I went in for bloodwork on cd 3 as directed, have my saline sonogram scheduled for CD7 and will go in on CD10 for more bloodwork.

I got the electronic notification of some test results and they are here, along with previous results if there were any:

FSH - 6.3  previously 4.7 in January 2010.
TSH - 1.87 previously 1.80 and 2.15
Estradiol - 36 - previously 47.2
Factor II - 82% which is in the standard range of 70-120 (maybe on the low end? but I dont know what this means)

I'll have to ask the doctor tomorrow what the results mean, hmm. 

1 comment:

  1. Oh, I hope this does the trick, and either he finds something fixable or it's the good luck you need. I don't know what Factor II is, but the others look good.

    I'm rooting for you!!!

    ReplyDelete